Thursday, March 27, 2008

For the Best

The news just keeps coming, and precious little has been what I would label good. Tonight I pray for time. I pray for safe travel. I pray for arrested disease and healing. I know the twin specters of worry and fear, but I am thankful for hope that can banish them both. Whatever tomorrow may bring, God is in control. No detail is outside His understanding. I do not have to understand His purposes, but I can appeal to Him. My prayers will be heard. The answers are not guaranteed to suit me, but I will trust that no trial, temptation, or pain is beyond God's ability to uphold His people. He sometimes uses our worst circumstances in order to draw us close to receive His best.
Buckle up, OPS Team. We're in for a wild ride if this week can be taken as an indicator of the level of spiritual warfare we face.

1 comment:

Laura said...

You've put this so well. I want to hang on to this one...

Praying along with you,
Laura