Saturday, March 8, 2008

Winning Ticket

"You're a winner!" the paper proclaimed. Erin won something with her latest acquisition of "The Littlest Pet Shop" plastic bobble-headed critters. Erin has built quite a collection of these creatures. Her latest allowance-eating set came with the winning ticket inside. This was presented to me while I was indisposed in the powder room. The child wildly waving this little slip of paper was surprised that I was not immediately enthusiastic about examining the winning ticket from my throne.
A few minutes later, I pulled up the web site listed for prize claims. I signed Erin up on the website as a minor with my junk e-mail address. As we read the site, we discovered the possible prizes could include tickets to an Ally & AJ concert for four! (Katie asks as we read, "So, what's Evan going to do while we are gone?") Katie is horrified and Erin thrilled at the idea of the first prize bedroom make-over featuring every possible product that could ever have one of these big-head and goggle-eyed creatures appliqued, painted, or molded onto it. The second prize is simply more Littlest Pet Shop Toys. Whoo-hoo--- more critters to give funny voices while scattering them all over the house! (Erin's toys always have whispery high-pitched voices. Erin's toys creep me out sometimes.)
We enter in Erin's winning code with images of super-nifty prizes whirling in our heads. The site then pulls up the prize that corresponds to Erin's code. Guess what?! Erin won one of many third prizes... a digital poster. She was given a choice of four different Littlest Pet Shop posters featuring the creatures with little check boxes to mark off the ones a child owns. Needless to say, we were all three a bit disappointed, and a lot disgusted, with this so-called "prize". Erin somewhat grudgingly picked #2 of 4 from the available choices to download. Normally, I would not allow the kids to print anything that was a full sheet of photographic images because it would just chew through too much toner, but... this was her prize. Even though it was a dumb prize, she still won it. So I let her print it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Holly, I have to go thru blog comment because I could not find an e-mail address. If you enjoy reading Christian fantasy, may I suggest a title to you? "Outcasts of Skagaray" by Andrew Clarke (me). If you want to see more of what it is like check my website, www.threeswans.com.au for excerpts. I would love to see what you think of it. But even if you do not read it, I greet you in the Lord as a fellow Christian.