Monday, March 3, 2008

Emerge

Today I am working on an idea. Our church offers training and support for Christian artists. I make spreadsheets for the ministry. I noticed while making those spreadsheets that there seemed to be little available for teaching young children to worship. Now I am in the process if creating a proposal of sorts for my fearless leader (who also happens to be the mama of a couple of oh-so-charming preschool darlings) to peruse regarding the introduction of worship to the pre-K set. I like the name "Wee Worship" and pulled a tidbit from Psalms for a memory verse. I'm loving the image of a herd of little people making their own drums to bang on while singing praise songs and reciting their memory verse. How cute is that?!
Seriously, if we are going to support and train artists in the church, then don't we need to be growing up little artists from the earliest ages? The mighty mites have no preconceived notions of whether or not they are artists. Every 2-year-old is an artist. Ask their mothers. All we have to do is channel their artistry into worship.

No comments: