Friday, January 25, 2008

Development

The other day my pregnant pal made an apt comparison between her gravid state and my focus on Poland. (I had expressed concern that I would be useless for the next four months if I remain focused on Poland.) She likened that "hyper-focus" to the overwhelming awareness of new life as soon as pregnancy is confirmed. A whole future springs into one's awareness with initial notification. We each have a date seared into our minds that divides time into sections of "before", "after", and "when".
Images flit through my hopes and dreams of what might be. Those images will coalesce into a fixed image over time, but for now the image is a gray blur much like the old Polaroid* photographs that ejected from the camera wet with a gray square centered on the picture to develop over the next few minutes until the image was set. The particular photo developing is one that includes faint images of Lisa and Shelley, but I cannot know who else might be in that shot. So I will wait for the time to come that I will be able to clearly see the who, when, where, and how that will all fit into praying for Poland.

No comments: