Wednesday, January 23, 2008

We're on!

This morning I went up to the church to meet with my friend Abigail. I don't think either of us actually had an agenda. She walked me upstairs to see if we could track down the Missions guy for our church. We couldn't because he was in a meeting. She introduced me to a man who seriously resembled a slightly more youthful Papa. This fellow was just the right person to talk with this morning. He was able to describe "prayer walking" to me. It's pretty much what I thought, and I cannot do it from home. He described his own experiences with God's provision while travelling in China.
He also filled me in on the news that I will probably need more than a passport to travel. I very much appreciated the explanation of what a visa actually is, as well as the instructions on how to get one! I was pretty excited about the $100 check I have been given toward this sort of expense since the visa will cost an additional $100 on top of the fees already paid to get the passport. I'm starting to wonder if there might be some sort of pyramid scheme in documents. Better still, the lady who will help me with the visa once my passport comes in is none other than one of the volunteers I worked with from the Katrina Relief Distribution Center two years ago!
I headed out to the car looking forward to lunch. Who should come through the door to the stairwell, but the Missions pastor I was actually looking for to begin with this morning. He had his lunch in a take-out bag and only 15 minutes to his next meeting. Rafe still agreed to sit down with me. I explained in brief that I have no idea what I am doing. As soon as I mentioned Abigail, he let me know that he had just run into her while picking up his lunch and she had mentioned me. He listened, asked a few questions, and took a phone call from his next appointment who was running late. I will be back in contact with Rafe as we go forward. I headed out to the truck with a warning to be wary of spiritual warfare.
At home there was an e-mail from Shelley saying that Jack & Joan have given the trip the "Go!" Whoopee! Not that I was in any real doubt, but I am definitely going to Poland! She is asking that Lisa and I start hunting scripture references in preparation for the spiritual warfare sure to come. I'm still feeling kind of swept up, but I am becoming less jittery as we go along. It makes a huge difference to have met our host, and Shelley sent a photo tour of Poznan, too.

1 comment:

Perceptions said...

Americans don't need a visa for Poland- we can be here just on the graces of our American passport for up to 90 days without a visa or residency card. So, all you need is a passport! :)