Friday, January 11, 2008

Fix

We went over to see what Don refers to as my "dealer". She is actually an adorable lady who happens to be selling off her Christmas Tree china via Craig's List. Well, okay, in my case that probably does qualify her as my pusher. My chasing around after the Christmas china is something of a sickness, but it is one with which I am content.
Armed with birthday money, we purchased the majority of her remaining place settings with an eye toward completing sets for two of my three duckies to one day set a beautiful Christmas table with the china I have been hording. (Katie actually had a moment of "oohing" and "ahhing" over two little dishes last night. I was about her age when I first became aware of this pattern. Maybe she will grow to fully appreciate and enjoy the collection I am trying to build.) The lady sent us home with her china keepers last night, and I spent the time immediately after we returned home carefully separating the 17 place settings that went into the keepers for storage until next year.
The beauty of my china obsession being catapulted into overdrive with the sourcing of Spode production to China and Malaysia is that I have been well occupied with things other than the state of our medical coverage for my IVIG. Now that what I considered to be a crisis has passed with the current and anticipated additions to the china set, I return my concerns to figuring out how our medical plan can best cover the $5000 worth of immunoglobulin I will need to receive in another two weeks. The china was way more fun to fixate on than the insurance questions.

No comments: