Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Evan Interview 1

Mom: So, Evan... what do you think of me going to Poland?
Evan: I don't really know. I think I would like it better if I could come.

Mom: Do you know why this is such a big deal? Do you know where Poland is?
Evan: I don't know. Isn't Poland like far up north or something?

(Interviewer takes a timeout to search maps for the boy. We compare the size and location of our home state to Poland.)

Mom: Now that you know where Poland really is, what do you think?
Evan: I'm not too sure I want you to go because it's a whole continent away. It would probably really run up the phone bill with calling a lot. Plus, it would be hard to find good times to call.

Mom: Poland is 7 hours ahead of us. That means it is currently just after...
Evan: 2:00... uh, Mom, shouldn't you be driving me to school right now?

Mom nods, finishes typing.

2 comments:

Perceptions said...

Haha!! In case you want size comparisons, Poland could fit into Texas 4 times but has almost double Texas' population! 40 million in Poland, 23 million in Texas. Oh, and only two-tenths of ONE PERCENT of the 40 million are believed to be evangelical Christians.

dabshire4 said...

But always remember that those 23 million Texans could take on the entire rest of the world and still come out on top

:)