Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Go Where?!

Yesterday I received an invitation to make the journey to Poznan to pray for Poland... IN Poland. This is definitely unexpected. It seems a little crazy. Okay, it seems a WHOLE LOT of crazy. Yet, I am planning to go. Praying for Poznan I can do right here in my cozy home. I can even ask others to pray with me. These are things that I can do. They are even actions that I have already undertaken. Shelley says prayers have begun coming in and she has become somewhat addicted to her inbox as the encouragement pours in electronically. What I cannot do by my own ability and resources is travel to Poland. For this to happen, God will have to step in to make everything go.
The first hurdle was overcome by willingness to go and the encouragement to do so from my husband and children. The next stumbling block was the need for a passport and the money to pay the fee. The funds for that purpose were provided yesterday along with instructions on how one goes about getting a passport by a friend who is far more experienced in these matters. (Shelley says that's probably a new record for quickest donation to a short-term missions trip ever.) Despite assorted medical conditions that have been a bar to travel for years, I have been given medical clearance to make this trip. My infusion schedule is dead-on to accommodate the doctor's stated preference for me to be able to go.
I will continue to pray for Poland. If I am supposed to do that from home, then I will. If I am supposed to do that from Poland, then I will. We will see.

No comments: