Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Sleepless & the Superstar

Okay, well, sleeping less anyway. (That may have something to do with the psychotic purring ball of fluff set on reducing my feet to ribbons. Bad Bella needs no sleep tonight, and I am her chosen playmate for the evening.) Erin was up earlier just as I was starting to feel sleepy. She was upset about _______. (I am still waiting for an answer to that, so I can't help you.)
She needs her rest because she is the Superstar of the Week which entails lots of paying attention to Erin. Today she took in her carefully selected photos of her family and pets. She is also this week's game expert. That means she explains how to play a game she brings from home to her classmates. Said game is available for play during centers. She will also be reading an excerpt from a book. (It is supposed to be a "prepared" reading, but I'm not worried about it. She'll do just fine since reading and cartwheels are two of the things she does best.) She also has the opportunity to put an unknown number (between 22 and 100) of items into the estimate jar. She wanted candy. (I obeyed the state guidelines last year about not sending in sweets to school. I would like to note that I was the only parent to do so. Three guesses how thrilled my kids were with passing out little bottles of bubbles or temporary tattoos when the other kids were supplying gigantic cupcakes with mounds of fluffy rainbow-colored icing... and sprinkles.) We gave her 65 chocolate hearts, but because I am up in the middle of the night she now has 64. She would be wise to get the estimate jar far from her chocolate-loving mommy. Too bad that the little duckie who brought me to full wakefulness and my "second wind" just at bedtime is currently snoring away oblivious to the untimely disappearance of one of her candies.

No comments: