Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Passport

I had my infusion today. I usually sleep through it, but today I only slept for a couple of hours. I paced for most of the day in my little circle from the kitchen through the dining room down the entry hall through the living room back through the breakfast room and into the kitchen again. I did not need to go for a walk around the neighborhood because I paced for at least a mile today.
Since I wasn't experiencing any particular side-effects from the IVIG, I decided to go get the official birth certificate I would need to apply for a passport.
Once that minor task was accomplished, I decided to run by the post office to see about picking up the passport application. The post office was a zoo. I found a parking space, and thought about leaving because the line was out the door. I remembered that passports were buried in a corner on the opposite side of the room from the doors and not subject to that line. I ignored the looks I got as I slipped past the people waiting. Sure enough, the passport office worker was saying that he was closed as I walked up. I asked for an application saying I would just fill it out and bring it back later. The next thing I know, I am calling my Mom for the exact dates and places of birth for my parents, hurriedly filling in the blanks on the application form, and staring into a camera with an expression that Don describes as "excited but freaked-out". I pay the fees and am back out the door with an assurance that my passport will be headed my way in 3-5 weeks.

No comments: